Monday, July 16, 2012

Sorry for the Interruption!

Sorry for the lag in posting lately!  :)  After my last post, we were "hit" (literally) my a string of 90+ mph wind storms that put me out of commission for a while.  We lost power....and therefore access to water... for a week!  Ugh!  One lesson learned... you do NOT want to live in the country...with NO POWER... and therefore NO water pump for your water-well... therefore the inability to flush a toilet for a week!  WOO-WEE! Top that with 105+ degree temps. and loss of internet... and you have a rough week.   My kiddos thought we were re-living the stone ages!  Hee!  But we survived... and let me tell you, we are more appreciative and thankful for what we have.   I'm not one to sit idle...so I spent my dark evenings in my basement (it was much cooler down there!) wearing a headlamp (I know you are picturing this in your head...and YES... I looked ridiculous!), pricing and sorting kids clothes for a garage sale.  Hey, I figured I might as well be productive!  And let me say... the day after our power was restored, we had a hum-dinger of a garage sale!  I hit four digits of profit on the first day...and doubled that by Sunday!  Gotta love it!

So... Now that I'm done with that slight detour...On with the show!  I'm working on my next post already.  I'll be sharing my comments on Chapter 7 of Katie Wood Ray's Book, In Pictures and In Words.  If you are a kinder-teacher who does "writer's workshop" in your class...it's a MUST-READ!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are back. My sister lives out in the country and after a Hurricane lost electricity too. I know they went to stay at my parents because of no well water....no water is not fun especially in the summer. I think things like that happen to remind us of the blessings we take for granted.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete